What is the scope of HIPAA?
HIPAA affects the privacy and security of protected health information.
Why do you need to know about HIPAA?
* HIPAA is federal law. It requires all health personnel to be educated about HIPAA policies and procedures. It includes anyone who does or might have access to any patient information.
* HIPAA laws exist to protect the privacy of anyone receiving any kind of medical care or assistance. These laws are strict and if all members of your practice are unaware of their restrictions, it can result in consequences such as fines or even criminal charges
* HIPAA is designed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the healthcare system by standardizing the electronic data for specified administrative and financial transactions, while protecting the security and confidentiality of that information.
* Secure your sensitive patient data with Auto Log Off. Auto Log Off limits unauthorized access to patient and provider information by automatically logging off any user that has been idle.
We can help you establish HIPAA Compliance:
• Disaster Recovery Plan
• Off Site Data Backup
• Annual HIPAA Training
• Create Employee and Patient Forms
• Establish Employee Computer Policy
• Employee Computer Monitoring Software
• HIPAA training is provided to all employees